Yesterday an extreme thunderstorm struck Kleinmachnow in the early afternoon. It was a system similar to a MSC (Mesoscale convective system). It was the first time that the MILK weather station in Kleinmachnow could be evaluated straight after the storm. The thunderstorm brought a general change in the weather of the region - a rapid cooling.
Here are some values meaured:
- The temperature dropped by nearly 10°C in around an hour.
- The humidity reached over 91%
- The airpressure made a sharp turn and rapidly fell.
- The dewpoint was 1°C under the air temperature
- The peak gust was 75.4km/h - not only the windiest ever measured by MILK, but also the second highest gust in Brandenburg yesterday and one of the strongest yesterday in all of Germany.
- With my handheld anemometer I registered 69.4km/h. My personal record - the windiest I ever measured while standing in it.
- the rain was not very powerful, and had no long duration. 0.7lm²