X

2016.10.28 - ESC European Windstorm Overview / Warnings / Watches

#1 by Linus , Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Here is today’s ESC European windstorm overview, issued October 28th 2016 at 11:00 UTC.
There are currently two storm systems in the region.
Severe storm FLORENTINE is located to the north of Iceland with a central pressure of 978hPa. The system’s peak gusts currently exceed 150km/h, however especially in exposed locations the gusts may stronger. FLORENTINE is currently affecting Iceland, the North Sea, the UK, the coasts of the Baltic and Norway; storm warnings have been issued for the regions affected. Further, the storm field will move across Scandinavia and into the Baltic sea within the next 24 hours, possibly bringing storm gusts to large parts of Scandinavia very soon - storm warning have been issued. Below are some of today’s peak gusts of severe storm FLORENTINE:
- 133km/h, Cairgorn Mountains, UK
- 126km/h, Svinoy, Norway
- 119km/h, Skamdal, Norway

A new severe storm has entered the ESC overview. Severe storm GISI is located over the northern Atlantic with a central pressure of 987hPa. The system's peak gusts currently exceed 130km/h. GISI is not affecting any land masses at the moment, but will move towards the northeast and may affect Iceland within the 48-hour forecast period; due to uncertainty in the forecast and possible lack of intensity at the time, no storm watch has been issued.

Linus H - Founder of M.I.L.K. weather

Linus
Date registered 04.09.2012

2016.10.29 - ESC European Windstorm Overview / Warnings / Watches
2016.10.27 - ESC European Windstorm Overview / Warnings / Watches

Current warnings

Aktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für DeutschlandAktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für Österreich Mountain View

© M.I.L.K. 2017

M.I.L.K. - Meteorology: Information. Learning. Knowledge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz