X

2016.10.18 - ESC European Windstorm Overview / Warnings / Watches

#1 by Linus , Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Here is today’s ESC European windstorm overview, issued October 18th 2016 at 10:20 UTC.

There is currently one storm system in the region.

Severe storm NICOLE is located over the Northern Atlantic. Its central pressure is 968hPa, peak gusts currently exceed 140km/h. The system is forecast to move towards roughly the north at a high speed, and is forecast to affect the west of Iceland towards the end of the 24-hour forecast period. Hurricane-forced storm gusts over 120km/h, possibly more, are to be expected and as the storm moves closer the wind speeds will likely further pick up (within the 48-hour forecast period). A severe storm warning has been issued for western Iceland due to the imminent threat from the severe storm NICOLE. Later during the forecast, on the second day, the storm is forecast to batter all of Iceland with severe storm gusts. Therefore, a severe storm watch has been issued for Iceland. Towards the end of the forecast period, NICOLE may also affect islands in the northern North Sea. Hence a storm watch has been issued there.

Below are the ESC overview as well as warnings/watches maps.

Dark red: Severe storm warning (>120km/h likely within 24h)

Orange: Severe storm watch (>120km/h possible within 48h)

Yellow: Storm watch (>70km/h possible within 24h)

Linus H - President of M.I.L.K. weather

Linus
Date registered 04.09.2012

2016.10.19 - ESC European Windstorm Overview / Warnings / Watches
2016.10.08 - ESC European Storm Overview

Current warnings

Aktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für DeutschlandAktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für Österreich Mountain View

© M.I.L.K. 2017

M.I.L.K. - Meteorology: Information. Learning. Knowledge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz