X

Nowcasting and Forecasting

#1 by Linus , Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:47 am

Europe is dominated by an easterly flow coming from central Russia, causing the temperatures to be quite cool compared to the previous weeks.

Especially in eastern Europe and in the Alps the temperatures were below average, in Bulgaria a lot of snow fell – MILK reported about that earlier.

The flow is caused by a very large high pressure area over Siberia which has stretched all the way through Europe.

The high pressure area re-directs all the low pressure areas around it in the N, causing sunny days and clear nights, but cold temperatures.

The precipitation mainly falls in N Europe, due to the high pressure area not in central Europe, but is mostly still rain and not snow. The eastern medditerranean is also affected by rain – in the form of thunderstorms and rain showers. But most of Europe stays dry.

In the satellite image you can also clearly see how that the high pressure area causes clear skies – the clouds in central Europe are only fog, which is typical for high pressure areas in autumn and winter.

Tropical storm Nilofar has intensified more than expected, and is still froectast to strike Pakistan and India.

The stable high pressure area in Europe is forecast to continue existing, making the weather in Europe very similar to the past days.

Linus Höller - President of M.I.L.K. weather

Linus
Date registered 04.09.2012

Nowcast
The winter forecast for Germany

Current warnings

Aktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für DeutschlandAktuelle Unwetterwarnungen für Österreich Mountain View

© M.I.L.K. 2017

M.I.L.K. - Meteorology: Information. Learning. Knowledge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz